Sunday 1 October 2017

The Rest of September

September ended up being quite busy, with little time for events.

Konor

Played some more Konor campaign games before the end, helping the Imperial cause as best I could. Most of the players in Antics were siding with Chaos though, so it ended up being an uphill struggle. Globally though, Imperials won.

This did get me a set of the Planet specific Strategems to use, and I'll grab a copy of the missions at some point to play some narrative games.

FFG Nationals

The rest of my time was spent preparing for FFG Nationals. I had volunteered to work the event, which meant being in Liverpool for the Wednesday and returning on the Monday. Much to my surprise, I was asked if I was able to Marshall the Star Wars LCG, Marshall being the FFG term for Head Judge.

It was a long 6 days. Working it meant helping with set up and take down. I Marshalled the LCG and also helped Judge X-Wing. However, it was good. I had fun, the Dark Star lads that went did well across all the games they played and I will totally do it again. My next one will be demoing games for Esdevium at Kidtropolis and the MCM Expo during the October half-term.

Going Forward

Doing events with Esdevium will eat some of my time, but not too much. I'm taking further steps for improvement in my various projects, both event running and game playing.

To further my own events, I've created a Facebook page. This will make sharing them to the various groups on Facebook much easier. Give the page a like here:

https://www.facebook.com/baronadjutanttournaments/

Every like helps make the events reach a wider audience, and therefore gets more people playing the games.

Other than that, I'll be working on the games I'll be demoing end of the month, the usual games at Antics/Dark Star and starting playing in a Mage campaign with some friends. All good times ahead gaming-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment