Friday 26 February 2016

40K Skirmish vs Jack

This week I only managed one 500 point game of 40, against Jack's Daemons. I used my standard Astra Militarum list against his Tzeentch list. He had two 11 strong units of Pink Horrors and they were led by the Fateweaver.


We set up terrain and Objective markers. Jack wins the die roll to set up first and take the first turn then I fail to seize the initiative.

Turn 1
Jack summons a Flaming Chariot in the Psychic Phase, which then proceeds to kill several Guardsmen and grant the survivors Feel No Pain.
Jack scores 0 points, for 0 points total.
My shooting phase kills the Chariot and I manage to wound Fateweaver.
I score 2 points, for 2 points total.
Turn 2
Jack's Psychic phase fails, but then the Warpstorm gives him 13 more Horrors. Fortunately, they Deep Strike into Dangerous Terrain generated by my Primaris Psyker's Fire Shield and suffer one casualty.
Jack scores 0 points, for 0 points total.
I kill the Warp Storm's Horrors and wound Fateweaver with some more shooting. Then my Feel No Pain
I score 3 points, for 5 points total.
Turn 3
Jack's Psychic Phase yields an Exalted Flamer and kills some Guard with psychic, then the Flamer kills some more in the Shooting Phase. The Warpstorm betrays him and gives his Daemons -1 to their Invulnerable Save though.
Jack scores 2 points, for 2 points total.
I shoot the Exalted Flamer to death with my Sentinels and kill some more Horrors.
I score 1 point, for 6 points total.
Turn 4
He assaults the Feel No Pain Guardsmen and kills them in combat.
Jack scores 2 points, for 4 points total.
I assault and kill a unit of Horrors in combat with some other Guardsmen.
I score 3 points, for 9 points total.
Turn 5
Jack summons another Flaming Chariot, but it Deep Strike Mishaps and is destroyed.
Jack scores 0 points, for 4 points total.
I shoot up some of the remaining Horrors
I score 1 point, for 10 points total.
Jack rolls for random game length and the game continues.
Turn 6
Jack tries to manifest his Primary Psychic Power, but I manage to deny it. He then goes on to kill my Primaris Psyker in combat.
Jack scores 0 points, for 4 points total.
My Astropath dies to Perils of the Warp while making the Sentinels Invisible.
I score 1 point, for 11 points total.
I roll for random games length and we get to turn 7.
Turn 7
Jack doesn't do anything
Jack scores 0 points, for 4 points total.
I kill the final Horror in combat,
I score 0 points, for 11 points total.

Standard Guard List
HQ
Company Command Squad Warlord, 4 Plasma Guns, Astropath.
Primaris Psyker.
Troops
Platoon Command Squad, 3 Flamers, Heavy Flamer.
2 Infantry Squads with Meltaguns.
Fast Attack
3 Scout Sentinels with Autocannons.
500 points



No comments:

Post a Comment