This past Sunday I held my third 40K Tournament. It did well, we got 12 players. The scenario was Maelstrom of War: Tactical Escalation. Here are the results;
- Jack Lambourne, Tzeentch Daemons. 3 wins, 46 points
- Ian Atrill, Orks. 3 wins, 32 points
- Mike Pooley, Necrons. 2 wins, 1 loss, 30 points
- David Newby, Sisters of Battle. 2 wins, 1 loss, 26 points
- Charlie Bennett, Ynnari. 2 wins, 1 loss, 25 points
- Ron Gargett, Alpha Legion. 1 win, 1 loss, 1 draw, 17 points
- Alfie Bennett, Homunculus Covens. 1 win, 2 losses, 34 points
- Chris Tucker, Necrons. 1 win, 2 losses, 20 points
- Josh, Space Wolves. 1 win, 2 losses, 26 points
- Macaulay Uniack, Raven Guard. 1 win, 2 losses, 7 points
- Les Harvey, Dark Angels. 2 losses, 1 draw, 19 points
- Kyle Clements, Blood Angels. 3 losses, 27 points
Jack's Daemons have won back to back events. I believe part of this is there ability to swarm the table via Summoning and rapidly overwhelm opponents. Especially as they usually start the game outnumbering them. It's something a lot of forces can't deal with unless they are set up to deal with it, which may cost them against others. It was possibly a key to the success of the Orks as well. Mobs of boyz set up in trucks, an army of large-ish, fast moving units.
End of May sees a repeat of this event, while we await 8th Editions release and the discussion into how to move forward with these events once that has happened.
Thanks to everyone that came, I hope that they all enjoyed it and I'll be sending out the survey shortly