Tuesday 19 June 2018

Lando's Friday Challenge

In an effort to play more Warhammer 40,000, and try out more armies, I have pencilled in Friday afternoons for taking on challenges. It's a convenient time slot for me, as I'm in Antics running FNM anyway and not actually play Magic while I'm there.


Hopefully, it will also give me time to play against more people and more armies, plus regular gaming should incentivise me to get models actually fully painted. I plan on doing reports on those games in this blog, with pictures, assuming I get each opponents consent. I'll let my opponent decide on the Mission, my only stipulation being that the game is Matched Play at 2000 points.

So, what army am I trying out for the first few games?

Harlequins


Veiled Path Battalion
  • Troupe Master, Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Caress (Warlord - Player of Twilight)
  • Shadowseer (Relic - The Mirrorstave) (Psychic Powers - Fog of Dreams, Veil of Tears)
  • A Troupe of 6 Players, Fusion Pistol, 6 Harlequin's Caress
  • A Troupe of 6 Players, Fusion Pistol, 6 Harlequin's Embrace
  • A Troupe of 6 Players, Fusion Pistol, 6 Harlequin's Kiss
  • Death Jester
  • Death Jester
  • Death Jester
  • Voidweaver, 2 Shuriken Cannons, Prismatic Cannon
  • Voidweaver, 2 Shuriken Cannons, Prismatic Cannon
Veiled Path Battalion
  • Shadowseer, Neuro Disruptor (Psychic Powers - Twilight Pathways, Mirror of Minds)
  • Shadowseer (Psychic Powers - Shards of Light, Webway Dance)
  • A Troupe of 6 Players, Fusion Pistol
  • A Troupe of 6 Players, Fusion Pistol
  • A Troupe of 6 Players, Fusion Pistol
  • Solitaire, Harlequin's Caress, Harlequin's Kiss
  • 6 Skyweavers, 6 Zephyglaives, 6 Haywire Cannons
  • Starweaver, 2 Shuriken Cannons
Comes in at 1967 points, with 13 Command Points.

I plan on always using the Great Harlequin Stratagem on my Troupe Master, and having the whole mask re-enact the dance known as "The Folly of Khaine". Leaping straight into the opponent and trying to break their back, while throwing the Wailing Doom in spear form, represented by the Skyweavers.

If nothing else, it'll be a gloriously short game. Mobility should let me hit hard and fall back to claim any objectives. It will be interesting seeing how this fares, especially once the fragility of the Aeldari meets the weapons of the enemy. We shall also see how often the Riddlesmiths ability actually comes into play.


1 comment: