Monday 16 April 2018

Accidental Month Away From Posting

Well, there goes the "Post a Week" Goal. Even taking it as an average (which is how I do look at it),  I've still only managed 8 posts so far this year, out of the 16 weeks. Looks like I've got some catching up to do.

My last post was March 19th. So, what has kept me so busy since then?

The Weekend after that was the UK X-Wing System Open. It ended up being a 500 player event, with the accompanying Hyperspace Qualifier reaching nearly that. Almost all the Marauders were in attendance at the Hilton in Birmingham. I guess the pressing question is;  

What did I play and how did I do?


I Judged!

It was a great weekend. I worked with a great team, some of whom I'd worked with before. Don't get me wrong, it was a looooong weekend, but I can't wait to do it all again at Euros and Nationals.

After that, we hit the Bank Holiday weekend. I spent that at Insomnia62. It's a convention for Video Gaming, but I was there demoing games with Asmodee UK. I got to play some games I've played before, plus a couple of new ones. However, I spent the majority of the time putting people through demos of Star Wars Legion.


The game is really good at the moment. The Command system is pretty sweet, adding an element of random to the otherwise back and forth unit activation. There are similarities to X-Wing and the base rules are easy to learn and teach. I can see the game doing well.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to adopt the game though. Although it is reasonably priced, it isn't a cheap game. I've invested in several ongoing games already, so I don't think there is room in my budget for another one. I also have a massive backlog of unpainted 40k miniatures, so I don't really want to add any more to that workload.

Time will tell I guess.



Finally, I turned 36. Being away working back to back weekends meant I needed a break and the Blog missed one more week because of it.

So, what does the future hold?

Hopefully, I can get back to regular posts. Looking at doing more opinion pieces, so will hopefully get some feedback/debate on those. And I@m going to be playing more games and running more events over the summer. Store Championships Season approaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment