Monday 9 August 2021

The Return

 Apparently I have a habit of leaving this blog alone for long stretches of time. It would be a shame to break the habit.


 So, where have I been and what have I been up to?

Moved house, had no internet access at home for a while, Covid hit the world, 9th Edition 40k released, restrictions now easing...

That put a bit of a crimp in both the hobbying and the posting to the blog. However, I have found ways to get some stuff done and am now ready to return to getting my thoughts back out there online.

 

 


 

Warhammer 40K

I don't know if you heard, but Ninth Edition released. I've been fortunate, as I've been able to get together with George quite frequently to get games in. Recently, we've been playing 1000 point Grand Tournament missions, so we can get practice in the Secondary Objective system. We are also preparing to do a narrative Pariah Nexus Crusade; Necrons versus Imperium. Will I puzzle out the mysteries of the Nexus before the snare closes around my neck?

I've also been invited to a slightly larger campaign group and another group are gearing up to start regular meets to get games in. Truly, this shall be a golden age for 40k.

I also spent the majority of lockdown getting my backlog of miniatures painted. I lost count, but easily painted over a thousand models. To see my work and progress, check out my Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/elementalkid/  

I now have 38,418 points of painted models across 12 factions. I even did some terrain recently too.


 

Age of Sigmar  

I took the opportunity across Christmas and New Year to pick up some boxes to partake in GW's 'New Year, New Army' scheme. Start a new army, get it painted, earn a pin badge. 

I chose to use it to finally dip my toe in Age of Sigmar, and dived into Disciples of Tzeentch. Before I could look at getting any games in, Third Edition was announced.

I now have 3170 points of painted Disciples models, I've played one game of Third (on release weekend) and I'm looking forward to playing more. 




Marvel Champions  

Started playing Marvel Champions, its a great card game that can be played as a group or solo. The Villains all feel very different and what you need to be doing to defeat them changes. Same with the Heroes, they all suit different play-styles and the Aspect based deck-building helps different builds actually play significantly different from each other. It's a blast and I can't wait for more group games now restrictions are easing.



Transformers  

Wizards of the Coast discontinued their Transformers TCG. Bastards! 

The game was fun and had some great potential, even though their final set has some power level issues. Fortunately, fan groups have stepped into the breach and carried on designing. I've even been a part of the process.

Check out - 

Energon Hustlers

https://www.bayformers.net/ 

For the best stuff. There are also still tournament circuits running. Check it out


That's the gist of it all. Have you managed to get any gaming done?

No comments:

Post a Comment