Thursday 17 August 2017

The Ynnari go to Konor

I've been busy. Spent the best part of 5 days in Birmingham, and the time leading up to that getting ready for the trip. This means I missed week 3 of the Konor campaign, and am running behind posting about week 2. Here is my abbreviated report.

Becoming "That Guy"

For the second week of Konor, the scenario wanted heavily armoured, Elites. I lack very few Elite options currently, due to not having many of the Aspect Warriors. Also, people were wanting small games the day I was available. Only 1000 points, allowing us to get multiple games in. Final factor in becoming "That Guy", was I only had a short time period for army building.

This lead me down the path of the Ynnari.


1000 point Ynnari Army

  • Yvraine
  • Spiritseer
  • 5 Wraithguard with D-Scythes
  • 5 Wraithguard with D-Scythes
  • 5 Wraithblades with Ghostaxes and Forceshields
  • War Walker with Shuriken Cannons
Verdict

This army was disgusting. I played two games that day, one against World Eaters and one against Sisters of Battle. While short ranged, both the opposing armies wanted to close the gap. This meant lots of opportunity for Overwatch and plenty for death in range for Soulburst triggers.

D-Scythes are deadly. D3 shots each with S10, AP-4, D1 makes a mess of small units of Marines. This then allows you to turn on Strength from Death and make a mess of another one.

Having to take Yvraine as the Warlord meant access to exceptional Psychic powers, with a +1 to the Cast and Deny rolls. A better version of Smite and Soulbursting a unit during the Psychic phase are among the best powers I've seen.

I apologise to my opponents. They weren't deserving of the punishment.

But I will do it again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment